Vehicle Transportation FAQ
1) How long has your company been shipping?
2) Why should I consider using your company to ship my vehicle
3) Why do customers use an auto transport service?
4) I’ve planned my trip. When should I call Superior Auto Sales Auto Transport
5) When do I drop off my vehicle to Superior Auto Sales?
6) Where do I drop off my vehicle?
7) Will my vehicle be insured during transportion?
8) What is the most common type of auto transport?
9) Does Superior Auto Transport offer enclosed auto transport?
10) When will my vehicle reach my final destination.
11) If I’m unable to drop off my vehicle, do you offer vehicle pick up?
12) Who will accept my vehicle at final destination?
13) Can I put personal items in my vehicle for transport?
14) What other vehicles can be transported?
15) If my vehicle is inoperable, can it be transported?
16) When do I pay for the transport service?
17) What forms of payments are accepted?
18) What if my car is damaged?
19) Will my vehicle be driven?
20) How do I prepare my vehicle for shipping?
1: How long has your company been shipping vehicles for customers?
2: Why should I consider using your company to ship my vehicle?
We have experience and knowledge to get your vehicle to its destination safely using the best transporters.
3: Why do customers use an auto transport service?
Many tell us it’s too stressful driving long distance. They justify the expense of using an auto transport company verses the cost for gas, time, food & lodging.
4: I’ve planned my trip. When should I call
15 days before you want your vehicle to meet up with you at your final destination.
5: When do I drop off my vehicle to
It all depends on what distance the vehicle has to be transported.
We require your vehicle be at our dealership 2-4 days before the vehicle carrier need to picks it up.
6: Where do I drop off my vehicle?
Superior Auto Sales is located in
(Off Exit 57 of the NYS Thruway)
7: Will my vehicle be insured during transportion?
Yes, your vehicle will be insured.
8: What is the most common type of auto transport?
An open auto carrier driven by a professional licensed driver.
Yes, if you require a closed carrier, the cost is more, but we can get you a quote.
10: When will my vehicle reach my final destination.
Most of our customers going south to
7-10 days from time of drop off. We provide a carrier regulated by DOT regulations to transport your vehicle. We always strive to provide on time delivery of your vehicle. However, auto carriers may be subject to mechanical breakdown, traffic delays, weather interference or driver illness.
11: If I’m unable to drop off my vehicle, do you offer vehicle pick up?
Yes, pick up service is provided at an extra cost depending on location.
12: Who will accept my vehicle at my final destination?
You need to accept delivery so you can sign the Bill of Lading and inspect your vehicle. Or you need to make arrangements with a friend or relative who must sign the Bill of Lading and inspect your vehicle. Please keep us informed on any changes so we can inform the auto transporter. If you don’t have an agent, friend or relative to accept your vehicle you can incur the additional expense to use the nearest storage facility and either pick it up or pay to have it transported to your exact location.
13: Can I put personal items in my vehicle for transport?
Carrier is not liable for personal items you put in your vehicle. However, luggage and personal property must be confined to the trunk with no heavy articles, and not exceed 100 lbs. Auto carriers are limited to a weight limit by DOT. Customers must abide by their regulations.
14 What other vehicles can be transported?
Motorcycles, Boats, Trucks & Motorhomes.
15 If my vehicle is inoperable, can it be transported?
Inoperable vehicles can be transported with an additional service fee.
16: When do I pay for the transport service?
When you drop off your vehicle.
17: What forms of payments are accepted?
Cash, Check, Mastercard, Visa, American Express.
18: What if my car is damaged?
The vehicle is fully insured for the replacement value of the vehicle. We have a certificate of liability insurance on file to insure the protection of your vehicle.
19: Will my vehicle be driven?
The vehicle will be driven at both origin/destination for loading/unloading to and from the carrier. At times, the driver may have to drive your vehicle to a designated point for pick up and/or delivery. Remember to record the odometer mileage at both origin and destination. Any discrepancies should be noted and signed by the driver.
20: How do I prepare my vehicle for shipping?
· Insure your vehicle is not leaking fluid.
· Charged car battery.
· Wash your vehicle so it can be inspected upon check-in.
· Any anti-theft devised or alarms are to be disabled.
o There can be serious problems and unnecessary expenses if the driver is locked out or the alarm goes off during the auto shipping.
· Remove all personal items other than trunk.
o Toll passes, garage openers, not built in cd/dvd players, etc.
· Secure or remove loose parts.
· Repair or seal tears on convertible tops to prevent open air from causing further damage.
· Radiator should have adequate levels of fresh antifreeze to prepare for new climates.